Monday, July 20, 2009

Another sunny day....

Just back from a meander along the river with mum in her trusty wheelchair, we sat and watched the world go by and had an ice-cream each. It is truly the simple things in life that are the best and I aim to do as many of the simple things with mum while we can. Tomorrow we are going to venture to Noosa Library and have a look at the audio books on offer, mum has been asking for a while to do this but hasn't been in the best shape to do it but for the moment she is good, so we will get while the getting is good.

I am happy spending time with my mum and sister, in particular, with my sister as an equal, although she will always be my baby sister, I have been quietly stunned at how brilliant she is at looking after mum at her worst and how capable and mature she is at managing everything around her. It has been an eye-opening experience as this has been the longest period of time that we have spent together, at other times when I have been up, she has been at work and doing her thing so we haven't spent a great deal of time together.

Mum is in marvellous hands with my sister and I have no doubt she will cope brilliantly during the week and I can come up on the weekends to relieve her for a couple of days so she can decompress and destress.

In other news, my parents and my sister have met W, the new fellow in my life and he's got the seal of approval from them. He survived the inquisition with panache and didn't run shrieking for the hills, so he has potential. With all else going on, W has been patiently awaiting his turn for my attention, and has placed no demands on my time, which is very considerate of him. It is still early days for me and I have no idea where it will end up but am just taking it day by day.

You just never know what is around the corner.........

No comments: