Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's been awhile...

It's been a tumultous few months and I have come through it intact. Mum passed away peacefully on 6th September and we farewelled her off in style true to her character on the 9th of September.

I have been so very well supported and have discovered new depths to old friendships and relationships with people as a consequence, which has been so rewarding and fulfilling.

I am now just taking time to breathe and enjoy the simple things in life and allow time to add its final gentle touch to the grief.

Relationships are a funny thing, romance or otherwise, and depend so much on the timing or where you are in your life, I have put the kibosh on developments with W as I feel not able to be in a relationship with him through no fault of his or mine for that matter. I am 37 years old and frankly I like things how I like them and at present unwilling to make changes to accommodate someone else, that may change in the future, who knows?

I have always been a solitary creature by nature and have to force myself to interact with people to maintain the social habits required. I am looking to take up new hobbies and want to learn to sew properly, I have bought a sewing machine which hasn't seen the light of day since I bought the thing but plans are afoot for me to learn to use it, just want to sew hems, cushions covers, simple things and see how i go from there. I also want to start volunteering regularly perhaps with the RSPCA as I am good with animals and don't mind doing the hard yards where looking after them is required. So I will take the time to look at what is out there and pick and choose what I would like to contribute to society. I have just the final paperwork to put together to get my JP qualifications but I have been a little busy with other things this week so I will finalise that on monday I hope and send off the application to be considered.

I am excited about the future and what it holds for me. I will resume my deferred studies next year as a fresh year full of possibilities and interesting times. Mum will be cheering me on from upon high, that I know, for a fact.

I will be seeking new topics to blog and look forward to suggestions from my readers

I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.
Gerry Spence, 'How to Argue and Win Every Time'

2 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere my lovely.

I'm glad you're taking the time to look after you, after all, you're the most important person in your life!

I will see what I can come up with for inspiration on blog topics for you.

Unknown said...

Thank you Kath, I am lacking inspiration for blog posts and I want to have ideas to write about