Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thanks Kath for the inspiration...

I have been pondering upon my next post and reading one my regular blogs, http://thesleepydumpling.blogspot.com/, I have cottoned onto it! After all why reinvent the wheel

This is a bit of a blog meme doing the rounds. I don't in any way think that you should HAVE to do anything, but these are things you could pick from to enrich your life. You could make your own hundred things you want to do or have done (or both) that is important to you. I may add a few more to the bottom:
1. Started my own blog- one as required to for work and I have run with it big time!
2. Slept under the stars- under duress when required to
3. Played in a band- Nope, but played the piano as child/teenager and want to go back to it one day
4. Visited Hawaii- not a top 10 destination for me but wouldn't sneeze at it if someone shouted me a trip there
5. Watched a meteor shower- Yes I think I have,not terribly gifted as an astronomer
6. Given more than I can afford to charity- No have always had much than those who need the charity so can't really say that i have given more than i could afford
.7. Been to Disneyland/World- No - see answer 4 for more detail
8. Climbed a mountain- Does Mt Timbeerah count? Otherwise no they were just big hills that felt like freakin' mountains
9. Held a praying mantis- Nope not in this lifetime
10. Sung a solo - Yes - Singstar has a lot to answer for
11. Bungee jumped - Not in this lifetime
12. Visited Paris- One day
13. Watched lightning at sea- Yes many many times been a bit too close to the show
.14. Taught myself an art from scratch - Nope not yet
15. Adopted a child- No but have been sponsoring a child for many years
16. Had food poisoning- Yes, usually due to my own cooking efforts which is horrid and really bad when both ends are exploding.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- Not yet
18. Grown my own vegetables- Nope brown thumb but want to one day
19. Seen the Mona Lisa- Not yet
20. Slept on an overnight train- Yep usually on our yearly trip to Sydney as my mum refused to fly and her family were located there
21. Had a pillow fight- Yep and usually one
22. Hitchhiked- Nope, too much of a sook and my dad would have throttled me to take a chance like that
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - It's called a mental health day
24. Built a snow fort- Yes when I went on a skiing trip in my senior year, couldn't ski so built a snow fort instead
25. Held a lamb- yes and many other baby animals - calves, foals, puppies, kittens, chickens,
26. Gone skinny dipping- Yes and loved it surprisingly
27. Run a Marathon- Not in this lifetime
.28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice- Not yet
29. Seen a total eclipse- Yes indeed
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- yes many times and never ceased to be stunned by its beauty
31. Hit a home run - Not yet
32. Been on a cruise- Nope - movie Titanic has a lot to answer for
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- Not Yet
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors- Not Yet
35. Visited an Amish community- Not Yet
36. Taught myself a new language- Does fluent swearing in Italian count otherwise NO.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-I have always had enough if only by the skin of my teeth
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- Not Yet
39. Gone rock climbing- Does indoor rock climbing count? Otherwise No
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- Not Yet
41. Sung karaoke- A few times, my lord do I sound bad but always fun especially when snookered
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- Not Yet
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant- Not Yet
44. Visited Africa- Not Yet
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight- Yes many times
46. Been transported in an ambulance- Not yet, but probably only a matter of time
47. Had my portrait painted- Not Yet but would like be done in charcoal if anyone cares to do one of me
48. Gone deep sea fishing- Not myself personally actually fishing but been on the boat with others doing it
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- Not Yet
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- Not Yet
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- Not in this lifetime
52. Kissed in the rain- Not Yet but on the list of things to do
53. Played in the mud- Yes many times
54. Gone to a drive-in theater- Yes
55. Been in a movie- Nope unless home movies count
56. Visited the Great Wall of China- Not Yet
57. Started a business- Nope
58. Taken a martial arts class- Yep and 1/2 way to black belt
59. Visited Russia- Not Yet
60. Served at a soup kitchen- Not yet
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies- Nope, but was a brownie and sold their biscuits.
62. Went Whale Watching- yep
63. Got flowers for no reason- Not yet, unless I have bought myself a bunch but a gorgeous bunch of red roses on my 19th birthday from the girls I worked with, brought me to tears
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- Yep many times thanks to an old work mate Fiona Robertson-Cuninghame
65. Gone sky diving- Not in this lifetime
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- Not Yet
67. Bounced a check- Not yet but bound to happen one day
68. Flown in a helicopter- Not Yet
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy- No but favourite books yes
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial- Not Yet
71. Eaten caviar- Nope
72. Pieced a quilt- Nope but one day I will learn to sew proper like
73. Stood in Times Square- Not Yet
74. Toured the Everglades- Not Yet
75. Been fired from a job- Not as yet
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London- Not Yet
77. Broken a bone- left arm being dragged off a horse
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- yep
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- Not Yet
80. Published a book- Nope
81. Visited the Vatican- Not Yet
82. Bought a brand-new car- New to me, but classed as 2nd hand by dealer
83. Walked in Jerusalem- Not Yet
84. Had my picture in the newspaper- Yes, a couple of times.
85. Read the entire Bible- yep
86. Visited the White House- Not Yet
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- Not personally but been there while it happened
88. Had chickenpox- yes
89. Saved someone’s life- couple of times
90. Sat on a jury- Yes a murder trial very gruelling and not something I care to repeat.
91. Met someone famous- yes, assorted people
92. Joined a book club- Nope
93. Lost a loved one- Yes
94. Had a baby- Made a choice at 15 that I would not be a mum
95. Seen the Alamo in person- Not Yet
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake- Not Yet
97. Been involved in a law suit- Nope
98. Owned a cell phone- a fair few but was late in life getting one compared to friends
99. Been stung by a bee- Yep but being stung on the face by wasps was way way way more painful
100. Ridden an elephant- Not Yet
So there's my replies to the list someone else created. Here's a few others I have done and think would be great experiences others could do if they haven't already:
Again Kath reminded me of similar things undertaken by me
1. Done something way out of my comfort zone - Yes turned up at a dancing class by myself and made myself go again and again until I made friends - something I did for six years, great time of my life. Then decided to do it all again by undertaking martial arts training
2. Read a book in a single seating - Yes many times often through the night
3. Spouted liquid via nose or mouth when someone has made you laugh - - Yes a few times especially at the kitchen at Chermside Library with my workmates - Adrian Kunde was a devil for making me laugh just when I sipped my coffee, he often wore it as a result - It was quite the party trick for me as a small child too until I had my cleft palate repaired!
4. Had my first white Christmas when I was in the states for 2004 Christmas and it started snowing on Christmas Eve - it was very special

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

You're most welcome! I've seen that one really do the run of the blogosphere in the past 24 hours!