Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Once again I borrow from Kath

The top 10 things and 10 bottom things about 2008 and I also will start with the bad and finish on a good note:-

Bad things

1. My darling mum being diagnosed with cancer - huge big and scary thing we are all still dealing with
2. My Nan having a nasty fall and breaking her hip necessitating much care from all of us and realising that she will never be the same again and it has aged her considerably
3. Workmates being mucked about .................................
4. Realising that some situations ain't never gonna change and it is time to close the door and move on

Wow I don't have 10 bad things I can say so that is a good thing right

Truly that is all that I can say that was bad about the year - but the first two were I have to say FUCKING HUGE and truly knocked me arse over kettle

Good things

1. Started cycling with a good and serious intent and met my good mate Wayne who has been nothing but supportive in getting me to my goal of cycling well and long and coping with hills
2. Work, I am blessed to work in a great branch with great people and enjoy going to work everyday where I get to be with my raison d'etre - BOOKS
3. I have continued to progress steadily with my Karate training and continue to realise benefits unforeseen when I first started
4. I continued to nibble steadily at my mortgage and can see some tangible difference infinitesimally small but discernable nonetheless
5. I have my 3 furballs who give me joy and humour every day and just are happy to be wherever i am
6. I have my inner strength and determination that will see me through everything and anything this life will throw at me and I will come out on top - This has been confirmed with me this last year
7. I have great family members and beloved friends who are supportive in all manner of ways and ideas
8. I bought new toys like a MP3 player to listen to even more books and I am having fun with that and a Garmin Nuvi Satellite Navigation system that works a treat and makes sure I never ever get lost again - it's bloody unreal
9. I am making positive moves for my career and I have a very supportive boss who encourages me every step of the way, how lucky am I
10. I learned 23 things which was a hoot
and a bonus one
11 I got a great flatmate - yep I fluked the scary lottery of housemates and got a great one Pete - he is considerate, good company, great with my furballs and genuinely likes and plays with them and pays his rent and share of bills without complaint and is pretty good company to boot

So all in all - with sunshine comes rain, with sadness comes happiness, with low funds comes high funds, so everything balances itself out

I am a happy, blessed and lucky gal really

2 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

Here's to 2009 being an AWESOME year for us both!

Sleepydumpling said...

I've awarded you, will be on my blog for you to see any minute now.