Monday, January 19, 2009

Bin 'dere Dun 'dat

Now where was I, let me think ...................



Oh yes..

I've been busy of late, had a day trip to Sydney, now those who know me know I have not done that much travelling, little bits here and there but to do a day trip to another state was an absolute hoot. Just wander onto the plane and wander off and not be bothered with the baggage bit, it was great. Myself and L who sprang for the trip as a thank you for deeds done some time ago had a great time. We headed to the Lindt cafe at Martin place where we sampled a degustation plate that defeated the both of us annointed chocoholics - a doggy box was sought and given! Apparently this particular Lindt cafe was the first of its kind in the world no less as L was wont to tell me, a true Lindt afficianado or connoisseur!

Then it was time to meet my brother Steven and his girl Pam for lunch, after all the sweetness I was after some savoury food, and Wogamamas was decided upon as there was a treat to be had with soy beans sauteed in garlic & chilli and just plain salted! Sound weird I know but bloody tasty so we cleaned them up in no time and then had a usual meal, I ordered vegetarian something or other as I knew I wouldn't eat a whole something and my brother is a vegetarian so he could be the chook bucket for me.
Chook bucket is the affectionate term used in the family and given to the person at the table who will clean up your scraps much like a chook does.

A quick forage up the Centrepoint tower and having the highlights pointed out to us and it was time to mosey on back to the airport for our trip home. It was a terrific day in all.
Parking was a breeze when I used this mob www.bap.com.au to park my car at a very reasonable $18 for the day, and totally secure facility

Sunday was a lie in and then preparing for a ride around Cleveland with my mate Wayne, I managed to keep my end up and go for a burl right out the lighthouse and back - and I have found the restaurant I want to have a meal at for my next birthday! So be warned readers that's where I will celebrate my next birthday!

Back at work today and hit the ground running, organising computer relocations, stirring the boss and aggravating the customers to my satisfaction meant a good day was had by me!

Au revoir until next time

3 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

I think I'd like to do one of those day trip bizzo's. I must look into it.

I have a chook bucket right beside me... Roberto!

Edamame beans are divine, and the salt is the perfect counteract for chocolate overload.

Unknown said...

I am curious about the katagal kapers bit. What of it?

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle

Well when I created the blog I wanted something that reflect on the major things going on, and karate is a big one for me and Katagal is my onscreen name for a number of dating sites so I used that and added Kapers 'cause that what i get up to sometimes and rang well together
Kata's being part of karate training and all I guess