Thursday, January 29, 2009

Feeling virtous.....such a ephemeral feeling...

I have re-focused for the year to optimise the benefit of training as much as possible at Karate! So far so good! It's week 3 and I have been 8 times so far, so averaging 3 sessions a week, of course, if I really had the intestinal fortitude I wanted, I could go in the morning and on the Saturday that I don't work adding an additional 3 sessions to my week but I lack that intestinal fortitude and it would turn into something like very hard work!

So my goal is 3 sessions a week where at all possible!

I am feeling the benefits already, feeling even stronger and more grounded, if that doesn't sound too wanky! So hopefully I am able to maintain my momentum.

I am feeling excited and challenged by work, I love where I work and know that I am blessed to have a workplace such as mine. I can be myself and reasonably understood and feel relaxed. I know the boundaries and where the line is, so I can be my usual cheeky/somewhat mouthy self and know that it's ok.

I had an interesting experience, we had a vacancy to fill and I was selected to be on the interview panel, a first for me, normally I am on the hot seat, groping for wonderful answers to interview questions. I thought it almost as hard to be on the other side as to be the one being interviewed. It didn't help that the candidates were both terrific and an almost equal match for one another. But a choice was made with my colleague with some consultation from our trusty TL and candidates advised. All is well and i feel i have learned yet another thing about myself in this experience, that yes I can perform under pressure and trust my instincts as well.

There are changes afoot at work and I believe I thrive in change and being put under the hammer and am at my best when pressured! So hopefully I will produce some of my best "work" in these up coming conditions without doing my nut.

Ciao for now....

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

Good to hear you're feeling challenged and engaged with work! It's good times.