Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A most satisfying day....

Well I am delighted to report that I am officially enrolled in a Graduate Diploma via Edith Cowan University. I am terribly nervous at the prospect of starting to study again, the mental discipline it requires of a world class procrastinator is tortuous. However it is only two years part time so it should be quite manageable and I am probably dramatising the impact I am expecting. The goal being that in two years time I will have qualified as a librarian with a real piece of paper to my name and also qualify for my black belt in Karate and all before I turn 40 - how's me!!! (an unfortunate phrase that my dad uses when he is bragging/boasting and i rather like despite the terrible grammar)

On another note, you may recall from previous trantrums, uh, I mean posts that I was experiencing significant difficulty in downloading a book from the net to a portable audio device, well I can report, that I achieved success at last this morning.

All this activity and I managed a phone call to my mum as well so all in all I was quite chuffed with my level of activity this morning.

Quote of the day for me
If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, "Here comes number seventy-one!"
Richard M. DeVos
and this one too
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge (1872 - 1933)

4 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

It most definietly does not suck to be you at the moment! Well done chika!

JoK said...

We are both thrilled for you...U Go Girl!

Cath said...

Wow! Good Stuff.... that 40 number is approaching way to quickly for me I fear.

Fennelgirl said...

I loved your post - what a great read!
Good luck with your studies :)