Monday, November 10, 2008

Am I a simple person.............

I think I am, now before you think that I am denigrating myself or my intelligence - I am not! I say I am a simple person because I like the simple things in life, I enjoy simple pursuits, I prefer simple surroundings. I have always thought it wise to only have enough of what you need and a little of what you want. I have a roof over my head, family and friends who truly mean the definition of what family and friends should. I have my pets who offer what I believe is the purest form of love there is, I know people believe that it is only cupboard love but I disagree!
I have a townhouse which suits me, I have no need of large abodes to say something about me. I have a 9 year old car that has never let me down, yet I hesitate to trade her in because of faithful service. I may toy with the idea of getting a shiny new vehicle but I balk each and every time at the thought of trading my lovely car in. I enjoy mostly solitary pursuits but at the heart of it, they are my true enjoyments in life. I get pleasure out of the clean sheet night! I take pride in a clean and tidy house. I enjoy visiting friends and family if only for a short time but I enjoy it nonetheless.
I suppose in short I am saying that my life - while it seems simple to others on the surface and probably very boring. I am, I believe, very wealthy in the things that count. I am truly happy within myself, and I see, that it is very important to be happy within yourself because external factors are very temporary in their solution in providing happiness. I see myself working for a long time simply because I enjoy my job, I love what it is at the core of the job that I do, I am not saying that I don't get down, or irritated and extremely angry but it is fleeting and it passes. I have friends who are afflicted by that terrible disease Depression and I thank my lucky stars that I am not, and I wish that there will be a cure in the near future for this insidious condition.
I take heart that they are my friends and I can help them by offering love and support whenever and wherever they may be.
I am rambling somewhat but I have just been mulling over during the day while doing the housework and mooching around the place, my place in this world and where i am in my life and the conclusion is that I am happy and blessed with all that I have in my life both material, physical and emotional!

Until we meet again..............

3 comments:

Cath said...

I think it is a truly wonderful thing to be content in one's life and in one's self, and there is nothing "simple" about that. Some people aim for the extravagances of life, only to feel they are still missing out on something. You are truly wealthy!

Sleepydumpling said...

I'm with you baby! Simple contentment is all I want. I suffer from the "black dog" of depression, but when I shrink him down to a chihuahua, it's the simplicity that reminds me of what I really want.

arnab said...

i like that, as for me when things get too complicated they loose the essence of harmony.