Thursday, October 21, 2010

Now it's ramped up....

We are down to six weeks and counting to move a library.... to a facility that is 1/3 the size so there has been considerable collection management happening to ensure we move with the best of the collection and the rest is dealt with accordingly - Discard or Relocate essentially.

It is meaning long days and bloody hard work but I am loving it, what I am not loving are the assignment due dates and exams that are happening smack bang in the middle of it all. It is taking some doing to fit it all in. I cannot wait for 17th November as I will be a free woman as in there will be no more studies until the semester resumes in 2011.

I want to be able to come home and not feel guilty that I am not studying or reading or researching because I am so frackin' tired. I want to read all my delicious books that I have stacked beside my bed in fact I want a marathon reading session, in fact, I will dedicate a free weekend to my bed and my books I think and read until my eyes fall out. I want to unpack my sewing machine and use it, I bought it and brought it home and laid it in my hallway where it has resided ever since,

I want to have some more board games and stitch 'n bitch sessions which are yet to happen but I will make them happen. I want to go cycling and play outdoors. I just want time to do as I please when I please.

I remind myself it is only 2 more assignments and 1 more exam and I am done for 2010 then really 2011 is just one more year and come this time next year I will be pretty much done for formal studying, I will never stop learning but I will stop formal studying unless it is for something I want to do, like learning to play the saxophone or revisiting my piano playing days. I wonder if I could fit a piano in my humble sized townhouse. Perhaps I could!!!
There is a family piano I could lay claim too and have restored and really make it my own.

Food for thought there!

Always plenty of ideas brewing away and usually reasonably achievable.

Time is a precious resource and most definitely not infinite


Until next time........








1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

I don't know how the hell you do it all, but I am seriously in awe of the fact that you do.

I hope we can catch up socially more soon. If CNL doesn't kill me beforehand!