Monday, December 8, 2008

Odds 'n Sods

Saw the movie "Australia" the previous Sunday, normally when a movie is hyped to the extent that Australia is, it means that I automatically don't want to see it! Hyper promotion has the reverse effect intended with me, you want me to see that movie that much, fine I won't!
But persuaded by my mate Wayne, I consented to watch it with him, I was most pleasantly surprised I thoroughly enjoyed it! I laughed, got teary, gasped with the audience at various parts. Its a rollicking good flick and definitely worth the numb bum of 3 hours seating.

I bought an iron on Sunday, jesus, who'd have thought there was so much choice and they all do the same freakin' thing, iron clothes and they all required you there to do that. The choice was wide and prices varied crazily, so as usual, I went middle of the road and bought a Russell Hobbs job, which has a light show indicating the temperature of the iron, about 4 pretty colours in all.

Dixie and I had a lovely time with Jo, Roy, Scruff and Casper out at their new abode in Burpengary. Jo and I went out for coffee and I returned some $250 poorer after clothes shopping. Jo is a woman of style and taste and is honest with her opinion and that's great when you are dithering over clothes as I do and she has a good eye and shoved me in the cubicle with an assortment of things, most of which I purchased. Well my summer wardrobe is sadly depleted as most garments are looking shabby and past it, and I have a few garments that will mix and match so extending their usefulness. Another couple of skirts and another pair of sandals and I am good to go for all occasions.

Spent the day doing housework which leaves me with a good sense of achievement because it's noticeable for a time anyway. Then I shopped for the those things you run out of after a few months like loo paper, toilet cleaner and detergent. I buy large packets of loo paper, I have three toilets in my little townhouse and I usually buy 24 roll packs x 3 for each of them and it lasts ages. But now with Pete living in the house he can look after his own loo!! (Pete is my flatmate)

I am a fan of Febreze, with animals in the house and all this rain, things can get a bit whiffy, but a squirt of Febreze sorts it out and leaves it with a pleasant scent until I get the couch cover washed for another time.

I am at Mitchelton Library for four weeks I started last Saturday, it was a lovely introduction, I had forgotten what a pain interfiling and then retrieving CD's & DVD's is but a small price to pay. It's a lovely library in a lovely location, the staff are terrific and the customers seem to really love their library. I know all the staff and feel happy and relaxed to be there for the duration.

Until next time

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

I want to shop. But I can't. Sucks.