Friday, December 16, 2011

Well now it's been awhile....

Almost a year in fact since I last posted on my neglected blog. There has been a few reasons for this neglect but mainly I have not been in the mood to blog because I was struggling with very low energy levels and just couldn't think clearly about anything.

The low energy levels was revealed to be caused by enduring Obstructive Sleep Apnoea for probably many many years of my life. This has been alleviated by the introduction of 'Darth' in my life - a CPAP machine that forces air up into the places it needs to be and ensures I receive a proper nights recuperative sleep. I am experiencing other health issues mainly quite severe joint pain so I will be seeking the skills of a knowledgeable medical professional to enable my body to heal itself.

I am awaiting the offiical notification that I have successfully completed the requirements of my Graduate Diploma in Information Management. I believe I have but until it is in writing I am will remain somewhat anxious about the final results. This gives me the piece of paper that says I can have the job I already have but it also places me in a good position to apply for my dream job of Senior Librarian when it is recruited early in January 2012.

This is assuming that the position is recruited in a straight forward manner, but I suspect the position will be made available for people to transfer at level and I know of one person who would be interested, which would then make the position open at another library which I would apply for and hopefully get but I really truly want to be a part of the new library at Carindale which is going to be something special, so I will truly be on the horns of a dilemma.

These are the two things that are foremost in my mind at the moment, getting my body to sort itself out and let me do the things I want to do like go back to dancing and enjoy more physical activities and getting my head clear about my upcoming application for the impending vacancy mentioned above

Until next time

5 comments:

kirk said...

Good luck with it all Kerri. At the very least you would have to be on the short list. Don't underestimate yourself. You're smart, hard working, motivsated and passionate about what you do at work. Just what BCCLS needs. You are a great edition to any library.

Cath said...

You had sterling results throughout, so the piece of paper is mere formality. Aches and pains are a bugger, but at least you are on to them. And frankly, Carindale would be a fool NOT hire you permanently at Senior Level..! I shall prepare my protest submission letter, if the worst should come to pass.

Sleepydumpling said...

I'm thrilled to see you blogging again hon!

You've worked really hard and you should be proud of yourself. You've got through the tough bit and I AM PROUD OF YOU!

Big fat hugs!

Unknown said...

Thank you, it is one thing to know these things intellectually, it's entirely another to know it emotionally

Sleepydumpling said...

I know love. Just remember, you have a cheer squad all the time!