Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Well I think I have found something I lost a while back...

I think it is referred to as "Christmas Spirit", as most of you know I have had a fairly dim and grim view of Christmas for quite some time.
I took some time to think about why I didn't like Christmas and hadn't done so for a long time and realised that I was allowing other people to colour my view of Christmas due to their past poor behaviour. So I made a point of relaxing and just enjoying being in the moment and, as a consequence, had a thoroughly lovely Christmas day being with various family members and friends that I love very much.
This is a relief to have found my missing Christmas spirit since it will make an annual even far less of a chore and endurance test than it used to be for me. Who knows I might even put a Christmas tree next year or at the very least a wreath on the front door.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

I am so glad to hear that Kez ((hugs))