Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The countdown begins.....

for my holidays to start. As is my usual wont I am taking a large chunk of time off as I feel holidays should be long and lengthy to really decompress and relax and be ready to hit the ground running for when you return to your normal daily grind.

I will be spending lots of time with my mum naturally, who lives up the coast and I hope the weather will not be cyclonic as it was last time and I can out and about on Goldie (my bike) and go for long walks with Bonny (the dog) and keep my fitness levels up which are sadlly declining in reality. My efforts at Karate and keeping my fitness have been sporadic at best and appalling at worst. I will also have a peruse on Wotif and see if there is a bargain to be snaffled for a few days in a hotel to spoil myself.

I will be doing lots of reading, relaxing, sitting on the beach (I prefer beaches in winter) and just smelling the roses. I usually do some big household jobs on holidays like turning out the pantry and clearing out the garage.

The time will pass altogether too quickly as holidays do but I shall feel refreshed and happy to return to work. Also I have the PINK concert to look forward to whilst on holidays, I have not been to a concert for many many years and am surprisingly excited about attending this one.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

Have a lovely holiday, I wish I could be taking one too!

And yes, beaches are much nicer in winter.