Sunday, April 5, 2009

Routine is good....

I am back from the coast for the moment! Settled happily back into work and beavering away happily at the usual stuff I do.

The big news for me to process is that Mum's cancer is classed now as TERMINAL - which brings to mind, buses, trains and planes, just the connection my brain makes. I wish her cancer would board said bus, train and plane and go far far far away. It is not a shock to me, in my mind I knew this to be probable but in my heart, the news broke it in to two pieces. However having said this Mum is in reasonable good health and spiritis. My brother and grandad are visiting at present and keeping her company. My brother went home yesterday and grandad will depart after Easter some time.

I am just biding my time for when I am needed, I have leave planned for June.

On brighter notes, I went for a great ride yesterday through the delights of Manly and successfully dragged my flatmate Peter along after threatening to charge his bike rent for taking up space in my garage unless he started to ride it. Peter and other friends all enjoyed themselves and being out in the fresh air does wonders for the bruised spirit and tired mind.

Karate has inadvertently taken a backseat but I will refocus on it at a later date, in the meantime, take classes where and when feasible. I've also withdrawn from study at present, I was kidding myself, thinking I could manage with everything else going on. So my life's plan has taken a slight detour and the timeframe for all my big goals has lengthened somewhat but never mind I will get there in the end.

Always a happier day today ....

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

My thoughts are with you Miss K, and I'm sending prayers up for your Mum and all your family.

It's good to have you back in BrisVegas though.